11 November 2010

Music I've been missing - Return of the Mack

Things are busy. I can't recall a day when I haven't had something to do. My life has become scheduled outside of my 9-5 job. It's all good though.

Today was the storm before the calm at work. Crazy busy. I can breathe now. Tomorrow I shall be going to Canberra for a large event. I am excited!

I seem to be fitting things in. Forecasting. Even my shopping trips have purpose now. I can't afford to mosey. One Friday night, the day before the ball, I was looking for a trench coat that could be worn as evening wear. In a shop I had no luck in, I heard Mark Morrison's Return of the Mack.


I don't know why this song made me smile. But I think because it hailed from my favourite music era, 1996-1997.

Return of the Mack. The music I've been missing. And an appropriate song for trench coat shopping.

I'll be back to run the (blog) show soon.

8 comments:

  1. Girl, I L-O-V-E that song.....

    Thanks for the memories.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the first bit of music I ever bought...on a cassette single, no less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all music from this era. Perhaps because it was back in those fun, carefree days of mid-high school? Best friends, first crushes, beginning a love for fashion, frivolity, sigh.

    Hope you are finding time to relax a little during these busy times.

    xx Polly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I loved this song when it first came out.
    Still love it...

    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to pop by to say hello, glad to hear that you're busy with the things you love to do! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you simply cause you like and remember this song lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love that song. I think I was in 7th grade... I remember sitting in my friend's Mom's minivan with like two other kids and thinking we were all cool because we'd snuck away from our parents to listen to the radio. Weird, but a flashback nonetheless.

    Hope that trenchcoat is mack-ey to the max.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails