22 November 2010

Music I've been missing - Bachelor Girl, Buses and Trains

Sometimes when I flick the car radio to a mumsy station, I hear Bachelor Girl's Buses and Trains. A classic 1998 hit. I love it, and it remains so relevant.

I haven't driven for a while, thus haven't heard Buses and Trains, but it's in my head. Probably due to affairs of my heart. It's the music I've been missing.

I met the gorgeous Tania Doko, lead singer, a few times. Once, at the Darren Hayes concert at Hamer Hall in 2007.
Then the next day at the airport in Melbourne and Brisbane.

I saw her play at the Victoria Markets with her band She Said Yes.
And also at her garage sale - I have her little letter desk.

Two bits of Buses and Trains resonate:
They're like chocolate cake, like cigarettes
I know they're bad for me but I just can't leave them alone.

And:

A man can kill and still be the sweetest thing
See, I'm still hung up on the wrong guy. I know he's bad for me. But because of this, the good things he does shine like like gold.

And there's the right guy, actually waiting for me. True story.

I need to re-prioritise. And keep the doors to rooms filled with adventure and positivity open. It's the only way to happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, seriously massive coincidence, I was singing this song ALL weekend, it was totally stuck in my head, out of nowhere! Definite classic :)
    PS: Would absolutely love to be featured on your blog hun, I am so flattered! I am going to get my butt into gear and email you tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails